
Today I feel a little sorry for myself. I did not sleep well at all last night! I can usually sleep anywhere anytime. But not in cabin 337 on the Ersai 400 apparently… Very noisy! 3 different "noises" kept me awake; toilet, dishwashing and door slamming! Since it is a boat, the toilets function using a vacuum. And it is usually pretty noisy, but this room is different, it seems like the whole vessels vacuum is echoed in the shower drain… very annoying…And 337 is at the end of a corridor, the floor below the canteen. And let me tell you, they clean and stack dished until 2 in the morning…And every time the people on the floor above exit and enter the vessel (every 5 min all through the night, as they work during the night, make food for the night shift as well) the door/hatch is banged shut. And that makes the whole room shake a little…So today's mission: EAR PLUGS!
I have a theory that I can make the shower drain scream less if I put some towels or pillows over it. So will try that. And I will also try to cover the 3 cm crack under the door out to the corridor with a duvet, and hope that will reduce the kitchen noises a little. Nothing to do with the door slamming, but if I can reduce 2 out of 3, that can not be bad!!
Other than that, I can report back that today it is rainy and stormy outside. Great day in general on the Island today…On my 10 min walk this morning over to the office vessel I considered walking backwards, as the strong wind was right towards me, but that is not so smart when you are walking amongst huge trucks and fork lift… pretty wet and cold, I made it to my desk only 3 min after 7, so not so bad after all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment