I have to say, so far so good! It has been a good week. I feel I am getting settled in now. I even have my Canadian Social Insurance number now! So now I am a "proper Canadian"!
Have got a nice new office, with windows out towards the harbour and sea. So have full control of all the vessels coming in and out of St John's! I just today moved out of the Hotel and in to Conny's place (as she is not here yet, she has been so kind to let me borrow her house). Always nice to get out of a hotel and into more normal living conditions. And her house is just two streets down from the office, so I will use 2 min to walk to the office, steep downhill. And 4 min back home! Have been doing a little house-hunting the last few days as well. And think I found my new home today, just have to hear back from the landlord if he will lower his price a little, so it will match my housing allowance. Very exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi!
ReplyDeletegreat that you live centrally! walking is better than driving!! :-) don't want you to become canadian tho, so please don't feel too at home!
looking forward to visiting and checking out St.John's!
so...please update with more photos!!! that's this weekends task - update blog with pictures - your local coffee shop, your new house, the office building and the local pub! when you get to know them better - you need pictures of the coffee shop people, the pub keeper, etc - people you see every day! ok? :-D
lots of love