No more! We give up! Our mission to reach the desired island called D is called off for the year!!
Today the day started with high spirits! Good vision and almost stars! So with even higher spirits than yesterday, we go through the exact same drill as yesterday. We get in the car at 08:20, arrive at the heliport, do baggage check and safety video, and sit down in the "waiting lounge". At 9 the fun begins... We are told, as yesterday, delay until 11. Ok, this we can handle... The sun is up and this must be good... But there is apparently fog offshore, and snow... We get some coffee and tea, sit down and solve some project issues. Then at 11:09 we are told, delay until 13. Great! Now Kristin throws in the towel, she is going back to the office. But the other K does not give up yet. Then at 12 I get a call from Crew Change, do to cancellations I am not prioritized, if we at all will fly today, I will not be one of the few that is allowed out! Fair enough, I understand they need the workers out on the Island! So the saga comes to a sad end, no offshore for K & K this year. Now the backlog of people is so long, that we will not make it out this week at all. Well well, life goes on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment