Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday at the market/bazaar

We have visitors from Norway (Kristen, Anners, Henrik and Trond), so we decided to show them the market. In our lunch-break, we did a quick trip to the market. Always an experience! This is the inside the fruit market-hall.

We did not buy much this time, but Kristin bought a mink hat for her mom and a wolf hat for her brother, and I bought a hand knitted shawl. The lady was so sweet, she told me (in Russian and body language) that she had knitted it herself, and that is it "natural" and "bæææ", and that it is very warm. I told her I really liked the shawl, she smiled and was happy! And that I was from Norway and that it is cold in the winter as well. I made a new friend! Very friendly ladies at the market!

1 comment:

  1. så koselig!!! bilde av skjerfet også da frk Vik!

    Gleder meg til marked i Almaty :-) Matroshkaer (hvordan skrives det??), skinnluer og andre godsaker skal i bagasjen hjemover!!

    ReplyDelete