My very first trip offshore was before I started this blog. But I think it still deserves a post! It was a big experience in my KZ-life!
It was the 11 of July I entered a real helicopter for the very first time in my life! (not just the testing one at the offshore survival course).
It was a hot summer day, and I was very exited and very nervous. I was dropped off at the Heliport all by my lonesome, and off I went. Just a two day trip, but still, a trip offshore! Great!
The flight went fine, it was actually fun. Take-off was super!! It was great to fly in over the offshore installation for the first time! Everyone keep saying it is huge. But you do not understand what that means until you see it. It is HUGE!! It is an island, but also a whole society!
I was meet in the debriefing room by a very nice Aker guy, Agnar! He walked me to my boat, the Shkotov, an old Russian river cruiser. I got a nice double room, all for myself!
We spent most of the day fixing my PPE (personnel protective equipment) and looking around the Island. A great day! Thank you Agnar!
This is the view from my window. To the right I saw a big Module, M 12, the Living quarter. When the island is done, this is where the people operating the Island will live. To the left is the open sea, with the ice-breakers protecting the island from the thick drift-ice that moves quite a lot during the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment